Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Beginning


Wow, a funny thing happened to me one day, I woke up and I wasn't even asleep. Just wondering where my life has taken me because I didn't choose this route, at least not consciously. I guess that's what happens when you get married young and without your life goals in mind or even knowing what you would like to do or accomplish. I will never say that the last 14 years have been wasted for, if you know me, you know my children are the most wonderful accomplishment I could ever have in my life. They give me the desire to live and be the best person I can if for no other reason than being the best role model I can. I let them see me struggle and cry, smile and laugh. They understand at a young age that I fight for them and for what I believe in. There is nothing more important that that.


That being said, I am finding my goals and inspirations along the way and the things that I WILL accomplish in this lifetime. I want to be the strongest person I can be mentally, emotionally and physically. I will not be told again that I am weak or a quitter and those words will not be in my, nor my children's vocabulary. I WILL get the degree I want. I WILL continue to volunteer for different groups that I believe can and will make a difference in the lives of others.


I believe that the journey I have had was only steering me in the direction that I was meant to go so that along the way I could meet incredible people and have them touch my life and me theirs in whatever way was needed. I truly believe in "passing it on" in order to help others. The friends I have made are the most amazing, kind and talented people anyone could imagine.


As a single mother of three children, I am not unrealistic in that I will have hard and sometimes unbearable days ahead of me but know that I will learn from those as well and keep moving forward living everyday as if it is... a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment